Concepts and Copy
GREAT COPY SELLS. INFORMS. INSPIRES. ENTERTAINS.
PRINT: Editorial. Brochures. Advertising. Catalog.
DIGITAL: Websites. Blogs. Emails. Bios.
PRINT: Editorial. Brochures. Advertising. Catalog.
DIGITAL: Websites. Blogs. Emails. Bios.
WHAT'S NEW. WHAT'S NOW. WHAT'S NOTEWORTHY. (FROM THE STANLEY KORSHAK SPRING '18 MAGAZINE)
Oscar de la Renta Spring Runway. Menswear-inspired blazers were a key look throughout the collections. Paired with shorts, matching trousers or denim, it just may become the most reached-for item in your closet. This one looks especially new in an up-to-the-minute saturated pink.
Kevyn Aucoin Rose Gold Lip Color. This shimmery metal-of-the-moment shade flatters every skin tone.
Slides: Stuart Weitzman. Spring's new multi-colored fur baby.
Loving Lavender: Wendy Yue. Not for shrinking violets. Jade earrings in the hottest hue of the season.
From the FRANCISCO COSTA INTERVIEW (STANLEY KORSHAK FALL CATALOG)
In the early 1990's Francisco Costa moved from his Brazilian home town to New York with a dream to work for a large fashion house. While studying English, he enrolled at the Fashion Institute of Technology where his talents were quickly recognized. Following stints with Bill Blass, Oscar de la Renta and Gucci, he joined the Calvin Klein studio in 2002, designing his first collection for the house in Spring 2004. With his current Fall line making its debut in Couture this season, we spoke to the very charismatic Women's Creative Director about everything from what inspires him to the "perfect day."
FALL INSPIRATION...The rule-breaking architectural aesthetic of the Bauhaus, the most influential modernist art school of the 20th century. Another contributor was the "Under the Big Black Sun: California Art 1974-1981" exhibit in Los Angeles, which celebrated the underground California Punk Movement in the '70s. The result: femininity with an urban toughness. Hourglass shapes, built-in volumes, sexy detailing, textured fabrics and a color palette of red, black and gunmetal.
PERSON WHO HAD THE GREATEST INFLUENCE ON HIS CAREER..."My mother, who was incredibly dynamic, social, smart and resourceful." Back in his hometown in Brazil, where his mother ran a children's clothing factory, he remembers, "She was like the mayor, She ran the whole town." Costa also spoke of being influenced by Calvin Klein in a very unique way. "His legacy was tremendous. It's intimidating but exciting. His sense of style is strong and timeless. He has that impact."
THE PERFECT DAY..."It's the one right before a collection. It's always exciting and exhilarating; the culmination of so much hard work. It's a day with all the elements."
From the JACKBLACK.COM website
Nothing complicated. Nothing cosmetic. Just superior skin care for guys.
The women behind the man: Leave it to a woman to help a guy know what he really wants. Better yet, make that two women. Jack Black was founded in April 2000 by Curran Dandurand and Emily Dalton with the sole purpose of offering men a dramatically different and simply superior personal care line. Different in branding and personality. Superior in the formulations and how they work.
Both veterans of large, well-known skin care companies, Curran and Emily put their extensive product knowledge and brand management experience to work to create Jack Black. Dedicated to the guy who cares about his appearance and understands the importance of a positive first impression. They've talked to this man...maybe even dated him at some point. But most importantly they've listened to what he wants and they're committed to meeting those needs. What more could a guy ask for?
Ask Jack. Take our advice. We know what we're talking about. Right now you may not know Jack...but you will if you keep following this column.
Q. Let's cut right to the chase. I know women like a well-groomed guy. But more details, please, on what she thinks is sexy.
A. Great lips. They should be soft, smooth and very kissable. Get them with Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm. A well-toned body--with well-conditioned body skin to go along with it. It doesn't matter how great you look in your gym shorts if your skin isn't in equally good shape. Which means after your workout, you'll want to use Cool Moisture Body Lotion, formulated to soften, nourish and hydrate body skin. A firm handshake...but a soft touch. We'll take the second part of this literally. There's nothing sexy about rough hands and unruly cuticles. Industrial Strength Hand Healer contains eucalyptus, rice brain oil and vitamins A and E to penetrate, heal and soothe dry, cracked hands. A shaved head. Think Sean Connery. Bruce Willis. Michael Jordan. Samuel L. Jackson. You get the idea. So when you're ready, Beard Lube Conditioning Shave will make the job easier.
From THIRTY THINGS YOU MUST SEE, DO, OWN OR EXPERIENCE (STANLEY KORSHAK 30th ANNIVERSARY)
1. The Renovation of the Crescent Complex. Highlighting the project: traffic-stopping, 150 linear feet picture windows on each side of the building, designed to make the center more welcoming.
5. The Statement Earring. Turn heads in Spring's show-stopping, over-sized earrings. We love the whimsy of Wendy Yue's dragonfly, a colorful mix of opals, carved jade and Tahitian pearls.
6. Lafco's Daffodil Diffuser. Fresh cut daffodils and daisies are layered with soft orange blossom and honeysuckle to create this perfect-for-Spring home scent.
12. Stand-out Sunglasses. Choose from a selection of eye-popping styles.
13. Accessories Week. Extraordinary extras take center stage during this annual week-long event. Join us for trunk shows, designer appearances, giveaways, gift cards and more.
14. Bathing Beauty: Lisa Marie Fernandez Swim. The ultra-flattering debut swimwear collection from New York fashion stylist Lisa Marie Fernandez gets its inspiration from the sleek athleticism of scuba gear. Crafted from a luxe version of neoprene, this innovative fabric molds to the body to support or create curves.
17 - 18. The Jumpsuit...Stripes. This runway look from Ralph Lauren is doubly chic.
19. The Pack-A-Punch Pocket Square. Add a cool pocket square and you'll instantly stand out from all the rest of the suits.
20. The Eleventy Shop in Shak Men. Exclusively ours in Dallas, our new in-store Eleventy Shop features an assortment of ultra-hip sportswear (minus the "sticker shock," according to the Wall Street Journal.) Launched in 2007 with a small collection of polo shirts, the brand offers a youthful twist on classic Italian style.
25 - 26. Ettinger Leather Accessories...Stanley Korshak Gift Card. The finest wallets and card cases, hand-crafted in London. The only thing that makes them more covet-worthy is when they're filled with Stanley Korshak gift cards.
28. Artist Charlie Hanavich. In anticipation of April’s multitude of art-related activities throughout the city, Stanley Korshak’s Cedar Springs windows will feature the vibrant works of Miami-based, self-taught artist Charlie Hanavich. Fueled by a combination of personalities, personal experience and his favorite artists, Hanavich’s most recent works are strongly influenced by photorealist painter/photographer Chuck Close and masters including Picasso, Dali, de Kooning and Kandinsky. Charlie’s body of work is as varied as it is intriguing. His subjects run the gamut from fashion to music, history to cultural icons. We caught up with the artist to find out more about his training, what inspires him and what he’s most looking forward to on his first trip to Dallas next month.
29. Custom Bridal Designer Lucy Dang. Can’t say “yes” to a dress? Then talk to Lucy Dang about creating a one-of-kind custom gown. This Dallas-based designer trained in New York City under Nicole Miller and Rebecca Taylor before launching her own label in 2011. Other accolades include winning Texas’ Next Top Designer in 2013 and Fashion Group International’s rising star in 2015.
From SHAK STYLE (Stanley Korshak Fall 2017)
Add a touch of luxe to daytime dressing with ultra-luxe fabrics and textures. Experiment with a new blue: this season's denim is pure jeanious with unexpected finishes and modern detailing. Stay on track with new iterations of sporty chic. Make a play for pattern: checks, plaids and florals take front and center stage. Take a walk on the wild side with animal prints, leather and seriously sexy lace boots. Channel your inner party girl with an outfit that makes you want to dance all night.
SHAK PICKS. Dark Florals. Petal power is on trend any time of year. Sporty Chic. Track pants are a wardrobe staple, day or night. Everything Leather. Something for everyone, from rocker to ruffles. Velvet Crush. Fall's fabric of choice in rich, sumptuous shades. Fab Fur. An instant update to a classic sweater dress. Dare to Bare. Fashion's obsession with the shoulder continues. Mini Bags. Sometimes small makes the biggest impact. Statement Sleeves. Let your arms take center stage. Animal Instinct. Leopard prints are spot on this season. Star Gazing. When it comes to celestial chic, the sky's the limit.
From the SLIPTEASE.COM website
Lingerie-inspired clothing too pretty to hide. Slip Tease is a colorful collection of tie-dyed dresses, camisoles, skirts and jackets. Feminine shapes in extraordinary colors. A stylized mix of old and new, re-fashioned into modern, versatile pieces.
THE CONCEPT: Underwear (the slip) as outerwear (the tease). The basic shapes and styles begin with vintage lingerie, each piece individually hand-colored. The result is an amazing mix to suit every taste. And just like the women who wear them, no two will ever be alike.
THE LOOK: Pair a slip dress with jeans. Layer a barely-there cami under a tailored jacket. Turn a tiered skirt into a sexy mini dress. Top a tank with a lacy bed jacket.
GOOD TO GO: Slip Tease is the ideal travel companion. So lightweight, the pieces take up no room in your suitcase--and there's no limit to the ways you can wear them. Beach, lunch, cocktails, even all night... after all, it's lingerie!
HOLLYWOOD ISSUE (STANLEY KORSHAK MEN'S SPORTSWEAR CATALOG)
LEADING MAN. Where better to showcase this season's effortlessly cool sportswear than the laid-back, classically hip streets of Hollywood? From the legendary chic Chateau Marmont, quirky yet full of history, to the iconically renowned Sunset Strip, we follow L.A. native and top male model Ryan Burns on a fashionable journey around town.